I get a lot of questions about soulmates vs. twin flames—who's who and how can you tell? While I'm not a huge advocate for the twin flame concept, these signs may help you understand what to look for and perhaps why twin flame connections are so unsustainable.
Here are a couple ways to identify if you've met a twin flame:
1) Instantly after meeting, you feel like you've known them for years.
Within hours (or even minutes!) of meeting them, you feel like you've known them your whole life. It's unexplainable and weird, but you just feel it. This is one way "love at first sight" might actually be true—as you might actually fall in love!
2) You dream of one another.
Because your soul was once infused, you do end up sharing subconscious thought. Dreaming about one another or having visions that the other sees is one way that psychic connection is formed.
3) You have a psychic connection.
Similar to dreaming about one another, your psychic connection may manifest in the physical world too. You could text each other at the same time, think of the same idea simultaneously, or convey stories to one another with just a look.
4) You'll float in and out of each other's lives.
These relationships aren't just strong; they build passion and strength to the point of inconsistency. With so much gusto behind it, a partnership like this can be downright unsustainable for long-term commitment.
5) On that note, you're always drawn back to one another.
No matter how it happens, you tend to find one another in some capacity—even if it's just in your dreams.
6) Your relationship has been rocky at times.
These relationships are destined to experience rough patches. How could they not?
7) You love one another, but the passion and the depth of that love is beyond what you imagined.
It's really unreal.
8) Even if your relationship ends (or has ended), they may still be your twin flame.
And that's OKAY. If the relationship ends, that's not just totally fine... It's actually expected. Because twin flame relationships are so intense, so passionate, they can become volatile and unpredictable. But just because you're not together, doesn't mean it wasn't real.